Health and Safety Policy
At Tricon Drilling Solutions, our Health and Safety Policy is based on a belief that the well-being of people employed at work, or people affected by our work, is a major priority and must be considered during all performed work.
People are our most important asset and their health and safety is our greatest responsibility. There are no business objectives so important that will be pursued at the sacrifice of safety.
Top management is committed to the following:
- The provision of a safe and healthy workplace aimed at the prevention of injuries in the workplace
- Pro-active planning of all work activities with due consideration given to implementing OHS controls that are suitable to each given situation
- Set measurable objectives and targets and implement continual improvement processes in key health and safety areas for the improvement of the OHS management system.
- To provide the resources to meet health and safety objectives
- Comply with relevant Occupational Health and Safety (OHS) laws, regulations, industry codes of practices, and project requirements specified by clients or regulators
- To identify, manage, and control all potential hazards in the workplace through hazard identification and risk analysis with the aim to eliminate or reduce exposure to risks
- To encourage participation in the decision-making processes through regular communication and consultation processes
- Provision of all instruction, training and supervision necessary to ensure the health and safety of all personnel, including contractors, visitors and external providers.
- Actively respond to and ensure all accidents/incidents/near misses are investigated to determine the root cause and corrective actions are agreed upon and implemented
- To ensure all corrective actions put in place are closed out in a timely manner.
- To provide effective injury management and rehabilitation to all employees
Health and safety performance involves adopting safe work practices and having the authority to stop work if there is any question related to safety or operational risk. The health and safety of all personnel is a shared responsibility and requires teamwork. Consequently, personnel are responsible for their own safety and for the health and safety of others at all times.